Sunday, February 21, 2010

sometimes pictures are worth 1,000 words...


my day consisted of.....

 
overcast skies....


 

cheesecake factory, plus cheesecake to go.
waking up after a nap, knowing that you have chocolate Godiva cheesecake in the fridge is the most refreshing feeling one can experience :)




homework... but as I was reading my history book, I found my great great great great Grandfather's named mentioned. 
Stephen Hopkins from Rhode Island. His name is about midway through the paragraph.
Like most of the other signers, he was also a slave owner -- and when he signed the Declaration of Independence he was the ONLY one of them to go home and FREE his slaves.  How can we say "all men are created equal" and "own slaves at the same time?" he didn't want to be a hypocrite so he did the right thing and freed all of his slaves.  If you ever see the painting of the signers, look at the back of the room, there is only ONE person wearing a hat ... that's him.  He's the only one who kept his hat on all the time. 

I'm pretty proud of my ancestry :)
Simple day, but that is why I love Sundays

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment